Our History

In 1958, Dr. Alexander White began a partnership in the growing post-war town of Park Forest. By 1964, his practice, which had grown to three physicians, built a new facility in Olympia Fields. This “Athenia Park” Building would be the cornerstone of the growing practice that would come to include an X-Ray department, dialysis services in 1978, a full service lab, and other specialty services.

The practice incorporated in 1967 as “Olympia Fields Internal Medicine”. The practice grew to include Internal Medicine, Nephrology, Family Practice, and Endocrinology. To reflect the multispecialty nature of the practice, the name was changed to Horizon Healthcare Associates in the late 1990’s.

In 2005, the main Horizon office moved to the newly built Ingalls Family Care Center in Flossmoor. This state-of-the-art facility affords patients a professional, tranquil atmosphere, as well as easy access to a wide variety of services. By 2009, both Horizon Healthcare practice locations were inside Ingalls Family Care Centers, providing patients with services that include a full service lab, imaging, therapy and urgent aid services.

PondWall-ViewAs the healthcare environment continues to evolve, Horizon keeps pace. Horizon services are provided with the aid of electronic medical records and other information technologies. Horizon continues to roll out linkages with other services providers and patients. In 2013, Horizon offered patients access to their individual patient medical records through the patient portal of the Horizon electronic medical record system.

Horizon currently participates in the quality programs of many insurance companies’ initiatives as well as those of Medicare.